Saturday, September 18, 2010

14, 17, 18 :3






It’s been 5 days since I turned 18. Wow. I’m really that old now huh? (People who are older than me might be throwing tomatoes in my direction already) XD



I never realized how much the word, Birthday could affect me. And adding the word happy could be an understatement to what I just felt.



Truth is, I used to not really be in much of a hype whenever my birthday’s fast approaching since I started college. One, because, I wasn’t with my family and two, read number one. I guess, I’m always used to just celebrating with the people closest to me at my home or somewhere near it. I just feel safer there but the moment that I celebrated my first birthday away from home, I realized that it’s not so bad. In fact, I’m very lucky to have made great friends in college and I’m very touched that even with distance, there are still those who reach out just to wish me well for my birthday.



This year, I guess is extra special. The minute day turned into night on the eve of my birthday, I’ve been receiving a variety of early greetings.



One of my best friends sent me a voice message with her singing the birthday song to me. Aww, that was so unexpected and touching. I actually cried when I heard it :’)



Plus, some of my cosplay friends even called me, at midnight! XD



I gotta alotta texts beginning midnight until the day ended, but I really made an effort to reply to each and every one of them. :D Plus, I did the same with the wall posts! XD Gosh, it took me, at least 2 hours to thank everyone via FB! XD



But the sweetest thing that happened to me that day was when my closest friends surprised me with a dozen roses and my favorite, Stargazer flower. They even gave it to me while I was on my way towards the Main Building :’)) I was surprised and really touched. I mean, they woke up early just to plan the whole set-up! An aga ko raw kasi magising. Pati delaying tactic ko nakakatuwa. I-enumerate yung laman ng pencil case ko hahahaha!



I am really at lost for words. You guys know me so well. Your gifts were all so personal. I especially loved your letters. Thank you so much, SAM REYES, ISSA D’BAYAN, LUZ REYES, JANN MARK CAPALUNGAN, JAN RAYMUND BULANADI and MIGS GUTIERREZ. <’’3



Thanks for hanging out with me in Red Box Greenbelt. Na-disCOWVER natin na namemorize na natin yung H.S musical routines XD lol! Pati mga K-pop pinatulan na natin.



(P.S I have issues with the Red Box branch there XD)



Seriously all I can say is, I don’t think my Birthday could’ve been Happy without you guys. You indulged me with too many wonderful things and I appreciate all of them but what I treasure the most is the love that you guys have shown me. Thank You So Much.



And Yes, the bully is now 18. Hollaaaaaa!



~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~



A message to the other birthday girl :D



SAM REYES,



I won’t make this long because I’ve already told you what you need to hear but long story short, I LOVE YA! <''3 The effort we placed into planning and preparing your celebration and gifts do not match up to the friendship you’ve given us. I will never forget how happy you looked last Sept. 17, I hope I could see that sweet smile often. You’re so CUTE! :3>



CUPCAKE



By faye rayos



When lips touch your outer shell,



It is first their eyes that taste the lushness of the toppings.



Greatly fixating upon the small masterpiece in nibbles,



Slowly eating away the entirety and letting each moist piece,



Slide effortlessly down their throats.



Their eyes grow wider,



For the simple looking treat with minimal outer display and color,



Came dancing on their tongues like a raging, blazing, sugary fire,



Consuming every inch until the last morsel parches.



It is sweet.



The cupcake, oh so, simple,



Was indeed, exquisite.



(There’s an underlying interpretation to this poem. Di lang for chibogs XD haha)



Love,



Pancakes :3



Off to work!



+~ the bully at 18~+

3 comments: