Sunday, October 31, 2010

Tricks and Treats

Me as Death from The Sandman for the Nth time XD

HAPPY HALLOWEEN Halloweenies! XD I just made you guys sound like wimps, no offense meant XD

It's that time of year again where, I dare quote Sue Sylvester from Glee, "...where little boys get to dress up like like little girls and little girls get to dress up like wh**** XD..."
Haha joke aside, I'm actually quite thrilled about Halloween. In fact one of the major reasons why my interest in Cosplay sparked was because of this occasion. I dunno, when I was still a kid, I've always begged my mom to take me around the city to go Trick or Treating in of course, my costume. But I wasn't the conventional type when it came to costumes. I was never the fairy princess little girl. I was more of a Iwannalookscarybutprettyatthesametime kinda kid XD

My mom would eventually tell me that the dogs would bite me if I went door to door so she'd bring home a bag of candies and chocolates for me and my sibs and tell us that she already went door to door for us. (Truth is, my mom and dad would go to the supermarket and buy treats for us in order to feel the Halloween spirit?! O_O)

Anywho, Halloween isn't celebrated the "traditional way" here in the PH. (Yeah no longer RP but PH or PHL.) Which kinda sucks especially for the kiddos. But hey, we don't exactly have the traditional neighborhood setting do we? But luckily our local malls and other business establishments hold their own public Halloween Party settings and Trick or Treat venues.

If you're going to ask me if Halloween feels like a normal holiday for a cosplayer, its not. In fact the holiday provides non-cosplayers an opportunity to dress in costume. Its the fun of being able to be free to express yourself and be someone completely different even for just a day. Maybe I'm just saying this because I've been in a Burton frenzy for quite a while now. But, in ways I cannot explain, I just really love Halloween.

When I was still in HS, we used to hold annual Halloween parties at our house for the kiddos, but we were only able to hold 3 proper ones due to a few complications. Our first was themed in Halloween Colors, then we had our Pirates of the Caribbean theme and our last was the RockStar theme. (You'll see two collages here in my blog with pics from the last two themes. Do note that those are VERY OLD XD. I may look different. In fact, it was before I started formal cosplay and what not.)


What I enjoy most about Halloween is the Horror movie/series marathons, ghost stories, popcorn and sweets. I love the thrill (lol) of the spine-tingling tales they air on the tube. I'm a big fan of the Horror and Thriller genre but I'm especially fond of the Gothic Romanticism that some movies/books have.

This year, I've decided to go with the whole Death from the Sandman headshot thing. It's sort of an annual tradition every Halloween.

Call me morbid or weird or whatever, but hey, that's just me. :)

I'll be posting some Halloween stories for ya soon. Right now, I have to hurry and prepare for our visit in the cemetery for our loved ones.

Enjoy the holiday!


3 comments:

  1. Faye, sana yung picture mo sa top yung profile pic mo nalang. Shoot! ang pretty mo, sexy pa :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, sige, yun iprofile ko :DDDD XD

    ReplyDelete