Saturday, December 4, 2010

On the 4th day of Christmas

Disclaimer: This is just a pre-Christmas post to blow off some steam. A post with better enthusiasm will follow.

I am typing this at my sister's place right now and I have to say that I am not happy. Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse, it did.

My sister and I went to gateway to scout for gifts and then meet-up with our eldest sis after lunch. While waiting, I took the time to stroll and buy gifts for my best buddies. I went from store to store in a relatively fast pace it was only at around 1:30 when things slowed down. I had a number of the what I call, youdon'tlookrich/you'rejustakidwithnomoney treatment. I have made a conclusion that it doesn't matter if you're inside a high-end store or a local one, there are still ill-mannered salesfolk. Though I never expected a high end department store to to look down on me and my sisters so much. No offense to the whole store, I mean majority of the salespeople there were great! But those in the gift wrapping section have issues. Especially the middle aged guy wrapping the gifts, I mean, it was fine when we had to wait a while because ofthe stack of gifts on the counter but seriously, the guy didn't have to be so rude and make side comments when my ates where waiting. What ticked us off was that the second time around, we thought we'd get faster service and all but no. The overmanned station was getting slower just because they were too busy complaining.

The worst part of the the day was when we were already on our way home. When we were getting a taxi,a bunch of guys cut us off and the lady in the dress got the cab that we signaled just because she was next to us and was wearing a skimpy outfit. The cab waved back at us but then swerved off toward the lady. Talk about frustrating, we were trying to catch the 6pm mass but clearly it wasn't an option anymore. The silver lining of the long wait was a nice gentleman gave us his cab. See? There's still courteous people in the spirit of the Holiday.

Or so we thought. The cab driver asked us immediately that we were supposed to give an additional fee because of the distance. We figured that it was already late so we obliged. The driver was the most annoying/disturbed person of that I've ever met. He was babbling questions at my ate about Myoma regarding if it was cancerous or not, my ate answered his questions in the best possible way that he could understand. When my ate asked if it was his wife who had it, he said that it was actually his indeed although they were already newly separated since a month ago since his wife allegedly cheated on him when she was abroad. He said that she married his lover while they were still together as well. He said that he was 80% moved on and recovered even though before that he was drinking for three days nonstop making him unable to drive his taxi and indebted to alot of people.

Now what would you do if you were his passenger at that time?

Naturally, his statement would alarm you. And believe us,it did so we decided to just get off and stay at my sister's place for the night. Thank goodness it was near the mall!

We opted not to take another taxi because the day was showing signs of uncertainty. Better safe than sorry.

There are a number of more unfortunate details that I refuse to enumerate but I am just happy that we got a lot of warning signs. Thank you so much God.

Despite the events that I stated, it was a fine day.I got to see Issa, Ienne, Jerina and Sherwin at the mall with my sisters. I felt better since. :))

I'm so happy I got to be with my sisters and I was able to accomplish half of my Christmas shopping.

Lesson learned: People get crazy during Christmas season.

.....and I think cab drivers are great thesis subjects for Psychology.

+~thecabdriverbully

3 comments:

  1. Malas talaga sa taxi ah! :) Good thing, you're safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right? and to think that muntik nang may sumakay sa same taxi namin na mag-ama! buti na lang nasira yung headlights! O_O

    ReplyDelete
  3. buti nalang talaga! BE SAFE lagi ah. Mahilig ka pa naman gumala!

    ReplyDelete