Thursday, December 23, 2010

You're never too old for Santa

PICTURE BLOG

Every year, we plan a day where we go stuff ourselves, go shopping and basically just relax for a at least a day or two. The whole trip was quite something alright but it didn't exactly start of in great terms.



Our car got a flat tire from all of the things that we brought with us, including the live chickens that my dad's friend ordered. We were already at mid-SLEX when it happened. Thank goodness though that my dad, ever so prepared, brought with him 3 jacks XD Yes, his spare has a spare :D Our driver, Kuya Santi, was also able to change the tire within a few minutes. Thank goodness we were close by a gasoline/vulcanizing station and we were able to arrive in Manila safely. Our first stop was at Burger King in E-rod where we waited for my eldest to arrive. We had breakfast there and I took a few family photos while waiting. (More photos can be seen on my FB account. I won't be posting a lot of fam photos here for privacy reasons.)

I took this photo when my dad was giving an alternate direction towards our favorite mall. There was bad traffic that afternoon. I took us an hour or so to arrive.

The day was a success and the best part of it all was when my nephew got to meet Santa for the very first time. (And yes, it's okay for kids to believe in jolly 'ol St. Nicholas. :D) Anything to light up the face of your loved one :3 That's what I always say.

The ride back to the place we were staying that night was reasonably fast. I was able to practice a bit of lightpainting and fractional photography on the way. I'm still a little rusty with my new baby EOS 500D. I think, the camera that I got as a debut/surprise Christmas present suits me well. It's handy, practical, and I can point and shoot photos as well as film. ;)) barely read the manual, bet hey, my old de-film photojournalism days sure are coming in handy.

Happy Holidays!

Will post more photos soon! :DDDDD

1 comment: